Wednesday 3 August 2011

Slippers for Lily

My little girl turned 3 yesterday - where did that time go?!

Lily starts preschool in September and she will need slippers to wear indoors so I found these simple and comfortable leather ballet slippers with rubber soles. They are sold in many colours but her size was available only in rather pale vanilla yellow so I decided to add some colour...

I like to buy Christmas and Easter decorations after the season is over, when they are on sale for very little money, usually in large department stores that want to get rid of their outdated stock fast. One can find many interesting pieces, beads, ribbons and other adornments that can be used for many creative projects all year round.


Two flowers, cut out of thick yellow felt (once a part of Easter garland), were perfect for my makeover. I had no problem sewing them on soft leather, using a large needle and some aqua blue embroidery thread, which I simply tied in a knot on the inside of the slippers.


Et voilà!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Lily! I am sure she loves her beautifully transformed slippers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday girlie! Enjoy your sweet ballerinas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luštno in unikatno. Tako jih ne bo zamenjevala z drugimi :)
    Vse najboljše, Lily ♥
    Če bo vreme normalno, se vidimo :)

    ReplyDelete

Loddelina designs - since 2001

Related Posts with Thumbnails