Saturday 29 March 2014

Faux leather messenger

As I promised in my last post, I tried something new and made a messenger bag from a piece of high quality upholstery faux leather I had bought recently. Sewing was smooth as butter and I was surprised at how naturally the pleather looks and feels - definitely worth trying!


I decided to make this messenger a bit taller than my usual cross body bags (3 cm) but otherwise the same, with extra metallic zipper pocket in the back. Soft grey strap complemented the metalware and I decided to add a simple freefoot embroidery in front - with a bit of silver metallic thread for additional shine.


The messenger bag has four interior slip pockets for phone, tissues, pens and paper notebook (yes, I still use one of those for quick sketches or for entertaining children while we wait at the restaurants and such) plus one zippered pocket for smaller items. A swivel hook and another D-ring on the side of the lining hold my keys and a foldable shopping bag.



The leather is lovely dark brown shade, one that goes equally well with brown, grey or black accessories. I needed a bag that was a bit more neutral than my lively red velvet with turquoise starfish I have been wearing for this past year - I never even posted that bag on blogger so here it is:


Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Loddelina designs - since 2001

Related Posts with Thumbnails