Saturday 27 February 2010

New in my shop - Pupa shoulder bag

Here they are, two new shoulder bags in Loddelina shop, French-made so to say...
I have designed this pattern a while ago but have only rediscovered it recently, adjusted it a bit and voilà!

Black poppies

English rose

Pupa is a medium sized bag that sits close under your arm but has a small magnetic clasp to keep everything safely inside when you put it down. Instead of a simple interior pocket I decided to make a zippered one on the back of the bag. It is lined and reinforced to hold everything you might need in a hurry so you don't have to fish it out of the botom of the purse.

The first Pupa bag in black, white and red popped out of my fabric drawer all by itself - I have been wanting to make something with that Ikea printed canvas ever since I bought it. I outlined one of the poppies in the front with red embroidery and added some other red details to complement the cotton webbing handles.



The second, more romantic version of the shoulder bag, was made from something old, something new, something borrowed and something - pink. Oatmeal canvas for the body of the bag and softly woven linen canvas for handles were some leftovers my mother in law let me have and the buttons come from my mother's "stash".

And those small green and red beads that decorate the zipper? I remember getting them for my birthday when I was a little girl, in a set of do-it-yourself yewellery.

4 comments:

  1. Včeš mi je tale tvoj novoodkriti kroj in obe njegovi izvedbi. Lepo zgledata obe in upam, da čimprej najdeta novi lastnici.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, lodde, i love the poppy bag! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new bag design! The outside zipper is perfect. Great for a cell phone or anything else you need quick access to. Beautiful addition to your shop!

    ReplyDelete

Loddelina designs - since 2001

Related Posts with Thumbnails