Monday 11 October 2010

My day Monday


Colour purple

Clockwise from top left: Clariceonline, nezoshop, AMIdesigns, ayawedding.


I found this vibrant plum purple chenille in the upholstery fabrics shop the other day and just had to try it out. The best way to use this soft, yet sturdy fabric was to make a Pupa shoulder bag but I couldn't find another fabric to match it with to make the bottom of the bag so I just reversed this one and got a slightly darker and more flat version of same chenille.
To emphasize the contrast I added some freehand machine embroidery to the bottom part and lined the bag with dark olive green cotton linen canvas. Also green are ultra suede shoulder straps, adorned with purple satin ribbon.



12 comments:

  1. Delightful MM and gorgeous bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful beautiful moodboard and the bag is also gorgeous. Purple is my favourite colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Purple is so cheerful to me! Your bag is gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bag is awesome, I love purple! For me purple is the perfect fall color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous moodboard and gorgeous bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, both , moodboard and bag! It´s my favorite color :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing tasty color and the bag is a killer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous bag! Thanks for including my bracelet in your mood board :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great moodboard and so pretty bag! Thank you so much for adding my brooch:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. romantic purple beauties thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this plum color scheme! Your new plum bag is so luxurious and beautiful. What a great idea to use the reverse side for the bottom!

    ReplyDelete

Loddelina designs - since 2001

Related Posts with Thumbnails